The Best Hearing Aids in The World
at The Lowest Prices in The Country:
Siemens, Oticon, Phonak, Widex, Starkey and Resound
Open fit BTE
Simply Soft Classic ITC
- Custom MINI CIC:
national brand – 100% digital starting at $999 / VHC private label hearing aid = $899
- Custom CIC:
national brand 100% digital starting at-$599 / VHC private label hearing aid = $499
- CUSTOM ITC:
national brand 100% digital starting at $599 / VHC private label hearing aid = $499
- Custom ITE:
national brand - 100% digital starting at $599 / VHC private label hearing aid = $499
- Open fit BTE:
national brand 100% digital starting at $750 / VHC private labeledhearing aid = $599
- Simply Soft Classic ITC – ready to wear = $345
Gimmicks and Bad Practices to Avoid When Shopping For Hearing Aids
- BRAND POSTURING - assertions that a particular brand or model of hearing aid is superior to all others. this tactic is used by dispensers to promote price fixed brands so they don't have to compete with other dispensers on price. A hearing aid is like a prescription lens for your ear and the success you will have with a hearing aid is in direct relationship to the damage in your cochlea [organ of hearing] not the brand of hearing aids you choose. Consumer Reports magazine July 2009 report on hearing aids stated "there are differences between hearing aid brands but they are not significant enough that you can say what are the best brands."
- Paying a low monthly payment for an overpriced hearing aid.
- "The Emperors New Clothes" - marketers know that consumers only care about what’s new- not what’s better so be cautious about terms like breakthrough, advanced performance, extended wear & new.
- Subsidizing full page newspaper ads by overpaying for hearing aids.
- "FREE BAITING" the suggestion that you are getting something for nothing; batteries, lifetime service warranties, etc.
- Blindly accepting what is written on any hearing aid web sites because many of these sites are divisions of hearing aid manufacturing companies although it does not state it and they are just trying to drive you into affiliated or company owned retail hearing aid stores to purchase their brand product.
- "SALES PSYCHOSIS" assuming that because an ad says it's on sale that it is in fact a good buy.
- "Participants needed for new technology trial" or health notification participants needed for field test of new digital hearing aid - legitimate Beta testing & trials are done well before a hearing aid is ever put in a retailers hands.
- You may be eligible for a risk free trial
- Invitations to come in and meet the "VISITING EXPERT"
- EAR-CAMERA INSPECTIONS - if you think it's wax, see a physician
- WAREHOUSE CLUBS - hearing aids are not ordinary consumer electronics (TVs, DVDs, stereos, phones, etc.) Please understand that you are hearing with your brain not your ears – your ear simply collects the sound then transform it from acoustical energy to mechanical energy and then to electrical energy and sends it to your brain. We have all heard stories of the hearing aids that wind up in drawers. The success you will have with hearings is in direct proportion to the experience and fitting expertise of the person you purchase the hearing aids from and their ability to fit you correctly. Hearing aids which are correctly fit facilitate neural plasticity.
- Mail order and internet mistakes
- 2 for 1 promotions at MSRP